Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Thoughts on Daylight Savings

Okay, so daylight savings time started this week. I miss the days when Indiana was an exception and didn't partake in the useless time change. I understand that it gives us more light in the morning, but what about as a whole? I mean, it's getting dark by the time I get out of class most days. So for me, and I'm assuming most college students, it's not too beneficial.

Not to mention, when we do change the clocks, a lot of people are so confused. I showed up early to a few things this week, not that it's a bad thing, it's just frustrating. Not to mention, my sleeping schedule is completely off. Hmph.

1 comment:

  1. DST is a completely outdated concept that needs to be dropped. It no longer helps save energy (one of the original reasons for it), and there have been studies that show suicide rates are higher on the first day of DST than regular Mondays (because what's worse than a Monday? A Monday where you're sleep deprived!)

    And for people like farmers who could use the extra daylight...they can just get up an hour earlier?

    ReplyDelete