It has been ten years since the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Many people have spent this weekend reflecting this day in history and how it has impacted our country and the rest of the world. While many thought of where they were and how their lives have changed since, I had this and so much more on my mind. One thing that I focused on was how technology has changed our lives since 9/11.
One major form of technology that has changed is security. Everyone knows that when you go to the airport today, it is incredibly difficult to get through security. There have been new metal detectors and x-ray machines that have been implemented. There have been many complaints and news stories about how airport security has affected people. Although airport security can be a hassle, I think it’s important that we remember how important airport security is and why it is there today.
The government has also started using biometric screening tools that help to regulate border security and visas more effectively. This system uses fingerprints and photographic images to identify people that enter the United States. There is a similar system used in order to leave the country. Because of this regulation, our government has found two of the hijackers that were involved in 9/11 (Ember 1).
I think we should all remember how important the measures are that are being taken in order to prevent or try and prevent from what has happened before, happening again.
How lame... I totally just wrote about remembering today, etc. and you're like oh technology fits with our class. I forgot about that, oops. :) Good job girl, ha.
ReplyDelete