Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And You Thought Text Message Break-Ups Were Bad...


Breaking Up is Hard to Do


Ever felt like you were stuck in a relationship and just couldn't find the right way to tell that person you just weren't interested anymore? Well, for those who live in China, they don't have to worry about how to break up with someone. They simply pay someone to do the breaking up for them. How crazy is that?

People in China are paying people, sometimes quite a large amount, to do the dirty work for them. They have them send a heartfelt e-mail or by some other means and let them know that they just don't want to be with them anymore.

As if there weren't anymore pathetic ways to break up with someone, you can now simply pay people to do it for you. Facebook, text-messages, twitter, now a "break-up agent." Technology is ruining romance, relationships, and chivalry.




Want more details? Read the original blog post here.

6 comments:

  1. "Technology is ruining romance, relationships, and chivalry."

    How so? Is it romantic to break up with someone to their face? Is it chivalrous? Technology is simply a means to the end here. It is not the cause of the break up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this blows my mind. This really exists? I think breaking up through technology in the first place is bad, let alone paying someone to do it for you. But, as the comment before said, I don't really agree that technology is ruining romance, relationships, and chivalry. I feel like it can be a positive supplemental tool to relationships, especially long distance relationships. My boyfriend goes to Butler so we don't see each other every day, but we talk every day through facebook chat, texting, or skype. It allows us to keep our romance alive by talking about the day to day activities that occur in our lives that we would be able to talk about in person normally. But, overall, wow, I can't believe this service exists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not necessarily saying that romance is dead because of technology, but technology does create problems with relationships. I too have a long distance relationship. My boyfriend goes to IPFW, so we use quite a bit of technology to keep in touch when we can't see each other. But I have friends who constantly feel the need to go through their boyfriend's cell phones, facebook, etc. I also read that people are more likely to cheat on their significant others because of technology. I'm not sure how valid that statement is and if someone is going to cheat, they'll find a way to do it. But it definitely affects the way relationships work today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this service is awesome. I'll be completely honest, I think I would be an amazing break-up agent. I love words and finding the best way to say something, and I think that this would be an awesome job and really interesting. As a writer, I would just love meeting all the people that I would meet.

    Also, as to the tech ruining romance, relationships, and chivalry, I have to disagree completely. Like Jaelyn above me, my significant other goes to another school. My amazingly-beautiful-love-of-my-life-girlfriend goes to Purdue, and we keep in touch with the amazingness that is Skype. Most of the time it's just wonderful to be able to just see her face while we do homework. Recently we started playing WoW, and as horribly nerdy as it is, it's really nice having an hour or so every night that we do something together and interact with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe this is real! To borrow a comment from Jaelyn, this blows my mind! A break-up should not be done over a text message. While technology is an important part in many relationships through text messages, phone calls, Skype sessions for long-distance couples, etc. it should not be made important enough to be how a couple breaks up. I do not think technology is necessairly ruining relationships but I do believe that people are using it in a way it should not be. Technology should be an enhancer, not a negative Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I'm not shocked at all that people now use technology as their outlet for breaking up with another person, I still found this blog very interesting. The important part of this blog is to not be completely biassed as soon as you read it. This service can be great for not only the people who feel that they have no idea how to compose their feelings, but it also gives a job to really good writers. I feel that this service could be found to be very hurtful to some, but it can cushion a breakup for others. I honestly don't find this blog extremely shocking. If a person really becomes hurt from getting broken up with in this manner, then as i see it, they should be glad that they didn't STAY in that relationship.

    ReplyDelete